What I can do for you
- I will come up with a website design for you that matches your aesthetic. This will be done in close collaboration with you – you will be providing feedback frequently until we have something we’re both happy with.
- I will implement your website design using the best tools I have access to. I work frequently with WordPress, but I am open to using other tools as well.
- I will advise you on content. I have an excellent grasp of what constitutes “too much” and what constitutes “not enough.”
- I will adapt your site to various screens from desktop to mobile.
- I will find and recommend visuals and graphics for your site.
- I will advise you on the technical stuff. Unsure what HTTP vs HTTPS is? No idea what constitutes a good hosting package? I can help.
What I will not do for you
- I will not write content for you. If you do not have ready-to-go website content, I can help you find a content writer who is not me.
- I will not translate your website. If you are looking to make a multilingual site, it’s still up to you to provide content in all your desired languages, because while I do speak a handful of human languages in addition to computer ones, this is outside my area of expertise.
- I will not maintain your site long-term unless it’s explicitly in our agreement. I will teach you to do basic maintenance yourself, but ongoing maintenance comes at an additional fee.
- I will not create a site for you if I don’t fundamentally agree with its purpose. I will not help you promote oppressive messages.
The fun part - my rates!
My regular hourly rate is 50$/hr.
How long the work takes depends entirely on what kind of website you’re looking to make. Something that’s all content and images may be a relatively simple job, while something with a lot of functionality (such as a commerce site) may take several times as long. An average site takes 30 to 40 hours of work, or in other words, 1500$ to 2000$.
However, I do offer a sliding scale service for low-income and marginalized folks as well as non-profit organizations. If this sounds like a stretch of your budget, don’t hesitate to contact me to work something out!